② "User Account" shall mean the relationship under which a person or an entity has the right to utilize a User Name to access the JOYMAX Services, subject to the right of JOYMAX to limit, refuse or terminate such access.
③ "User Name" means the combination of English letters and numbers selected by the user and accepted by JOYMAX in order to distinguish each user. This term, when used with the initial capital letters, does not refer to the real name of the user.
⑤ “JOYMAX.COM account information” (also referred to as "account information")" means information identifying a particular User Account including User name, Password, and other information collected during registration.
⑥ "Password" means a combination of characters and numbers chosen by the User for user identification and protection.
⑦ "Game Character” (also referred to as the "character") means the data (including, but not limited to, name, level, experience, weapons, clothing, etc.) which is utilized by the User to participate in online games.
⑧ "Premium Service" refers to the actions and operations related to the purchasing, utilizing money, of certain goods or services that may be used to access a game or within a game.
3. If the User will be an entity, rather than an individual, the name of the entity must be related to its IP address.
4. All of the Account Information provided to JOYMAX must be true and accurate, except for those items where the User is required to provide fictional information, such as the User Name and the Character name. JOYMAX reserves the right to suspend or cancel any User Account which was obtained with false information.
5. JOYMAX has the right to accept or reject any request for a User Account in its sole discretion and such access is always subject to technical availability of necessary systems and information. 3. Premium Services At the present time there are many JOYMAX Services which are available without paying any fees. JOYMAX also offers Premium Service which may, from time to time, provide specified additional benefits and options. For example, if a User Account only has pre-level 10 Characters, and there has not been a log-in within 6 months on the User, and the User has not accessed Premium Service, JOYMAX reserves the right to terminate such User Account. Also, if there has not been a log-in within 12 months, notwithstanding the level of the Characters, and if the User has not accessed Premium Service, JOYMAX reserves the right to terminate such User Account.
Any charges which you incur for Premium Service are non-refundable. You are solely responsible to control access to your Password so as to protect your User Account and any financial transactions. 4. JOYMAX Responsibilities 1. JOYMAX will utilize reasonable business efforts to correct errors in the JOYMAX Services.
4. JOYMAX intends to offer convenience to the users in the execution of this Service Agreement and in understanding the procedures related to this Service Agreement. 5. User Responsibilities 1. Users must register with their real name and accurate information. JOYMAX shall not be responsible for any losses to the User caused by false information.
2. Users must notify JOYMAX of any changes to the users personal information by updating the user account information through the means provided.
3. Users must safeguard their password and any other non-public Account Information. JOYMAX is not responsible to replace, restore, repair, reimburse or otherwise modify any Character based on unauthorized access to a User Account. Therefore, it is solely the responsibility of the User to ensure that the password is unique and secret.
5. Users may not access, or attempt to access, the software, database or other information stored on servers operated by JOYMAX in any manner whatsoever except in the manner intended by JOYMAX.
6. Users may not utilize any JOYMAX Services for the purpose of advertising, promoting or selling any goods or services, whether or not they are related to JOYMAX services. This includes, but is not limited to, using in-game communication facilities for such purposes.
7. Users shall not violate other people's rights by using the JOYMAX Services in violation of the public peace and morality. Remember that there are many users with different nationalities, races, religions, ages and other distinctions. Users must try to make all communications, using JOYMAX Services, in a manner which will allow all of the other users to enjoy their time utilizing JOYMAX Services.
8. Users shall not utilize the JOYMAX Services for the purpose of stalking, annoying, harassing, embarrassing or otherwise annoying any other person or company.
9. Users shall not utilize the JOYMAX Services, or any other means, to obtain any passwords, to insert any Trojan horse, timebomb, harvester, bot or otherwise, through hardware, software or social engineering, to access the JOYMAX Services, or the property of any user of the JOYMAX Services, in any manner which is not intended by JOYMAX.
10. Most of our Users are very nice people who enjoy the JOYMAX Services. A few of them require warnings, suspensions or even banning from the JOYMAX Services or, in unusual circumstances, even more severe corrective action such as civil or criminal prosecution. We do not believe it is necessary or productive to list every type of misconduct, so we have not done so. However, as noted, JOYMAX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any appropriate action to ensure that JOYMAX, and the bulk of the JOYMAX Users, have a pleasant and fun experience in a manner which supports the business interests of JOYMAX.
2. All GM's/CS are familiar with the Operation Policy and thus all services and actions of the Silkroad Online operations team (the "Operations Team") are administered according to the Operation Policy. Also, any details not covered in this Operation Policy may be resolved in accordance with common rules and regulations.
3. The Operation Policy is subject to addition/revision/and deletion by the Operations Team. In the case of any changes to the Operation Policy, notice of such changes will be posted in advance on the homepage by the Operations Team.
4. If a user violates any part of this Operation Policy, he/she may receive a warning and/or penalty according to this Operation Policy. If the violation is found to have or likely to have serious effects , the user may immediately be restricted or blocked from using his/her account and/or have his/her use of the said account terminated.
5. All official correspondences of Silkroad Online will only be conveyed through homepage notices, announcements that appear at the start of the game as well as in the launcher, in-game announcements by GM's, and through the customer support center. All other communications will not be recognized as official.
6. JOYMAX Co., Ltd. ("Company") and the Operations Team will not be held responsible for any damages or problems arising from a failure on the user's part to familiarize themselves with notices and announcements made by Silkroad Online. 2. Account and Character Name Policy 1. The Operations Team will not disclose user information to other users. Only when there is a request from a government and/or law enforcement agency in accordance with the procedures prescribed by relevant laws, will there be any such disclosure.
2. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their own accounts and all relevant responsibilities attached to their accounts.
3. The Company and Operations Team cannot resolve or assist with any problem with accounts and/or character management that arises from user’s carelessness. These responsibilities also belong to the user.
① Problems that arise from transfer of user accounts and characters.
5. Users can choose their character names freely. However, character names may be corrected/modified/deleted for the following reasons.
① Names that are found to be offensive and/or abusive to others
2. The Operations Team will not offer services regarding account theft/hacking for the time being for the purpose of providing better service in the future. 5. Policy against System Abuse 1. If a user is found to be abusing a bug or system glitch, the user may have his account restricted or deleted. Listed below are similar instances in which similar action may be taken.
① If a user is found to be inducing or encouraging particular behavior with the intent of placing undue stress on the systems. ② If a user discovers a bug and, instead of reporting it directly to a GM or Customer Support, tells it to other users or utilizes the bug to obtain benefits in the game which the user knew, or should have known, were not intended to be provided. ③ If a user gets a profit directly or indirectly from exploitation of a bug.2. Users found to be using or distributing illegal programs may be subject to restrictions of their account or have their account deleted. In particular cases, the user may be subject to investigation by the proper authorities. 6. Policy against Breach or Nuisance 1. Breach or Nuisance means the act or the omission of act breaching the specified rules in the Operation Policy or analogous thereto which prevents other users from normal and fair use of the game or commit a nuisance to specified or unspecified other users.
2. Penalties are strictly applied thereto pursuant to the standard set forth in this Policy.
3. Penalties including the period comprised time, date or etc therein shall be expired with lapse of the period, provided however that the deleted or suspended ID pursuant to the Operation Policy does not include such period in any case.
4. In case similar or different type of breach(es) or nuisance(s) exists, penalties could be cumulative pursuant to each rules in the standard.
5. Penalties could be applied to user in accordance with the gravity of the breach or nuisance without relevant notice even though it comes to the exception clause.
6. If a filing is made regarding other users breach or nuisance, Operations Team will review and make penalties in accordance with the Operation Policy under the condition that such filing is followed by objective evidence.
7. Notwithstanding the specified provisions regarding the substance of the sanction, the details of the penalties could be different in accordance with the details or the degree of the breach or nuisance provided however that such difference could happen solely for the purpose of smooth or fair game operation and not other purposes in any event.
8. The penalties not specified this section regarding the breach or nuisance shall be fairly and strictly decided and executed pursuant to the Operation Policy and other related regulations equivalent thereto. 7. Homepage Policy 1. Users agree not to use the service provided by the Company to:
(i) upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit content that infringes any third party rights;